Willow Creek Ag Society

Where we come from....

Read More...
Our Mission
Our Vision
Board of Directors
Our New Concession

How it all started...

The Willow Creek Agriculture Society (WCAS) was organized and registered on February 23, 1953. We were originally registered as the Argyle Agricultural Society; changing to WCAS on February 16th, 1966. Starting in its original location in the Town of Claresholm it has been a sport equine facility right from the beginning, with grandstands, bucking chutes and a race track. In the early 1970ís the town was growing rapidly and the Town of Claresholm required the land that the equine facility occupied in order to build more residences. The facility was relocated where it presently sits at SW 35 12 27 W4, next to Highway #2.

The Claresholm Agriplex (owned and operated by WCAS) has been successfully operating since its grand opening on June 27th, 1977. Since this time it has been one of the hubs of western equine activity in the province of Alberta and a destination spot for competitors from Western Canada and the Northwest U.S.A.

In order to see the vision of the Claresholm Agriplex come to fruition two organizations joined forces in the early 70ís. The Claresholm Stampede and Fair Association and the Willow Creek AG. Society recognized the advantage of joining forces to get an indoor equine facility built in the Town of Claresholm. These two groups amalgamated to form the Willow Creek Agricultural Society. The two groups recognized the importance of a usable sports equine facility for the Province of Alberta and designed it to be as such. Since the beginning of the project the facility has been used to host both local and provincial events.


Read More